Sunday 20 February 2011

Shift Pedal

Only had a couple of hours on the bike today - and it was bloody cold out there too!

Needed to make the shifter side of the forward controls so set to work on some bits of scrap I had lying around...



Wanted a bit of depth to the lever - and intend to do a bit more etching on the top face..




good bit of welding practice!

could be a bit rough and ready with cutting it all out as the edges are to be welded




then I capped off the end with some filler rod



and tidied it all up with a flapper disc



I got some bar and bent it in the street by sticking it down a manhole cover and using a bit of brute force (nicked that idea from Toddy!)



the rest was just filling and shaping with a flapper disc and a round file. I could really do with a more powerful compressor so I can use a grinding burr

I'll let the pictures do the talking...








as for etching the face, haven't got round to that yet, but I'm thinking of putting the gear set-up on there rather than just shift....

i.e. 1-N-2-3-4-5

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment