Monday 3 October 2011

Rotter Top Yoke

Cracked on with the yokes tonight while i could grab an hour. I used the speedo mounting holes for the yokes, but had to grind off the little mounts for them first...



I thought about welding the yokes i cut off back on, but they were battered to hell and back!



I had some XS lowers and random tops in the shed - luckily the bottoms were steel, so i could weld directly to the yoke..



I drilled out the holes to take the risers, the lined them up with some bars while i tacked them in place..




then i attempted to weld them up. The yoke was steel (I assume) and welded ok, but it did leave a lot of crap around which must have been blown out of the weld area...



with the tops on...



also started to clean up the bottom yoke - that red paint is bloody hard work to shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment