Wednesday 20 April 2011

Mockup without wheels......

Was hoping to have the bike as a roller today, but it seems that Yamaha made different size fork legs on different models - which had left me with 35mm fork legs and top yoke, and 34 mm bottom yoke.

I tried a little gentle persuasion, but it just didn't want to play ball. I'm now on the hunt for a new bottom yoke...

anyways - as I got the afternoon to fettle i got the bike out in the sun, and started to put some bits together....




Speedo in its mount


made a new mounting system to fit the narrow(er) yokes and got it sprayed up....


drew up a little parts list for Stafford, about the only things to fabricate now are mudguard mounts, rear light mount (#154) and a chain guard.  

still wavering on the possibility of putting a 16 in the back (bloody turmoil in my head!).

will make a decision when I get the forks on...

No comments:

Post a Comment