Thursday 26 April 2012

Beating down the list

 got some gas for the welder and got cracking on the list!

first up - the holes in the bottom of the tank needed sorting...



couple of squares of steel welded in and the bottom is sorted!



I wasn't sure about the fuel taps,and whether to use 1 or 2.... I had one already, so i thought best to start with 1 and if needs be i'll put another in at a later date...

The petcock is a british one, so1/4 BSP tap was used to cut a thread...



I then lined up where I wanted it compared to the carbs and drilled it through with one of these bits....



I tacked it first and made sure it was lined up properly,then seamed it up...



Fits in nicely!


I was hoping to get the carbs on, but it seems like the inlet rubbers are the wrong size.... Bugger - I was hoping to have it running on the weekend - bugger of a setback!


Ive been thinking about a leg protector for the pipes so I dont fry my legs, so got some ali sheet and marked up the center lines of the pipes. Once I had them I used some larger radius tube to bend it over...





once the both sides were bent and trimmed I gave it a try - looked OK, but will need refining and styling up a bit - possible race numbers on it......

I then turned up the spacer for the disc - its at 8mm at the moment - i'll have to try it on and see if that's too close to the fork leg.



lastly I turned up the 2 9mm spacers for the rear wheel.

Not a bad 6 hours - cant believe how much I got done!

No comments:

Post a Comment