Tuesday 16 August 2011

Muddy Mounts

Didnt get as much done as I wanted to - only had about 3 hours 
fettle time in the end!


decided to crack on with the mudguard struts...


first up was to bend the supports - in true shed built fashion this 
meant clamping them in a vice and bending them round an old 
bit of gas bottle!






Just a little more....





thats better!





Then I turned up some steel sleeves to weld to the bottom - 
time seems to disappear when I'm on the lathe - in a little 
dream world!





The are countersunk, so the bolts will fit neatly inside of them. 
There has been loads of little bits ive wanted to do like this on 
the bike along the way, but I'll have it nailed for the next bike.


I then drilled the side of the sleeves so the arms could be fitted 
in prior to welding, I'm pretty happy with how they look so far....





This is them offered up to the bike...






I'll get my thinking cap on for the top detail tonight, unsure 
whether to go for a full top rail, or just to connect to the muddy....


oh, and the front wheel is still the wrong way round!

No comments:

Post a Comment