Saturday 16 October 2010

Etching

In the bits I've missed on the blog I've been playing around with electro-etching. It stemmed from the forward control pedals that i made from an old gas bottle, and i wanted to try and etch them using ferric choldide. suffice to say, after half an hour dipped in the ferric chloride, bugger all had happened, so I opted to stick some electricity through it to see if i could speed things up a bit. it worked, but it got me thinking about the whole process.

I had a bit of a practice with things and was asked to show how I had been doing it - well i did a bit of a how too on Dirty Bobbers - see here:-

http://www.dirtybobbers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1946.0


I made some dirty bobbers badges :-


cant wait to get my bike together and get it fitted on!

No comments:

Post a Comment