Thursday 10 March 2016

shift knob

Started moulding up a shift knob for the knuck the other day. roughed in the shape with milliput and will next add more detail and possibly a mane...

I've always wanted to do sculpture, it always amazes me how good people are with their hands. I tried a few times when I was in my early teens, but struggled to make what I was seeing in my head. 

I'm hoping that; as experienced with other things in live, I might be a bit better now I'm a bit older. experience, patience and maturity definitely do seem to help. I certainly enjoyed roughing out this part of the head - underneath is a ball of foil, and now this is dry I can start adding to it / fill in gaps and work on the overall detail. 

The ultimate plan is to cast it in metal....



No comments:

Post a Comment