Monday 13 June 2011

Donhou Bicycles

I don't normally deviate much from motorbikes on here, 
but I have to take my hat off to a good mate of mine. 
Donny helped me get the Relic project going last March, 
and since then he has set up his hand made custom push 
bike business, Donhou Bicycles.

Donny was a mate from the design course I took in uni all 
them years ago, after finishing the Mongol Rally he took off 
into the sun set and rode all the way to Singapore under his 
own steam. during this "tour de force" he realisd that he 
wanted to make bike frames - and embark on a risky process 
of learning to make frames to make money.

1 year on from starting, Donny has just won won best in show 
for the bespoked show in Bristol - a showcase for the best in 
bespoke bike frames in the UK.

The bike that won was based on this HD flat tracker - the picture 
provided by his client...


7 I love the bike he's made, its very WW2 inspired, but 
with all his modern twists!



Donny - I tip my hat to you. Follow your dreams mate, 
and with this standard of bike you'll be flying soon 
enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment