Monday, 12 November 2012

Lost my way

I've lost my way a bit.... time to fess up - put things straight, and get myself together.... this might be a long rant.....

I've been trying for months to buy a barn - well more of an old stable and workshop - its been eating away at me - I lost it once to a higher bidder, then it came back on the market and I had an offer accepted.

The banks decided not to lend me what they agreed to - no idea why just "company policy on lending changed" surely we keep hearing shit about the government releasing cash for start up businesses and the like. Nah - you need to find 35% not 20% for the deposit...

So - the knuckle engine went - got good cash for it - and was the right time for it to go...

next the bank undervalue the unit - you need another £5k up front..... Great.....

I get an offer on my Indian (which I wasn't selling), so had to consider it.... next the bank say it needs an asbestos survey - no problem, I have good contacts and could call a favour in - oh no it has to be one of the "banks" suppliers, and paid for through them - just to pull some more cash out of me....

Anyway - it got silly - I would have to pay for half the unit up front, and still owe then for 75% 'cos of their stupid rules - Time to cut out and say balls to it. Weirdly the family Solicitor was the sound one - and didn't charge me for his time spent - top man!

So after much soul searching, and pontification I pulled out of the Indian deal, and put it aside for another day. 

Work is crazy, and i'm all over the country, but that means pennies in the bank I guess

oh, and not only that - I've got hooked on Instagram

All is now well and i'm back to myself - I've just bought another xs650 project that I don't need, but may be parting on!

1 comment:

  1. Fucking banks !!! Glad you're sorted TC, don't give up on the dream though, it just wasn't the right time, the planets will align for you, good to see you back in the land of the living dead.

    ReplyDelete