Monday 12 November 2012

Lost my way

I've lost my way a bit.... time to fess up - put things straight, and get myself together.... this might be a long rant.....

I've been trying for months to buy a barn - well more of an old stable and workshop - its been eating away at me - I lost it once to a higher bidder, then it came back on the market and I had an offer accepted.

The banks decided not to lend me what they agreed to - no idea why just "company policy on lending changed" surely we keep hearing shit about the government releasing cash for start up businesses and the like. Nah - you need to find 35% not 20% for the deposit...

So - the knuckle engine went - got good cash for it - and was the right time for it to go...

next the bank undervalue the unit - you need another £5k up front..... Great.....

I get an offer on my Indian (which I wasn't selling), so had to consider it.... next the bank say it needs an asbestos survey - no problem, I have good contacts and could call a favour in - oh no it has to be one of the "banks" suppliers, and paid for through them - just to pull some more cash out of me....

Anyway - it got silly - I would have to pay for half the unit up front, and still owe then for 75% 'cos of their stupid rules - Time to cut out and say balls to it. Weirdly the family Solicitor was the sound one - and didn't charge me for his time spent - top man!

So after much soul searching, and pontification I pulled out of the Indian deal, and put it aside for another day. 

Work is crazy, and i'm all over the country, but that means pennies in the bank I guess

oh, and not only that - I've got hooked on Instagram

All is now well and i'm back to myself - I've just bought another xs650 project that I don't need, but may be parting on!

No comments:

Post a Comment