Thursday 7 June 2012

Skinny bobs

So I've had a bit of time out - shit to do round the house, work to catch up on etc....

Anyways - popped over to see Toddy yesterday to discuss the frame for the 45. Its full steam ahead with it now, and he's gonna be getting on with it in my absence.


I scored an old set of fatbob tanks a while back - came with a lot of parts, that i sold on and made a tidy profit on. Anyways - these were part of the deal, plenty of surface rust, but I thought they may just work for the bike. I've seen loads of cool bikes in Greasy Kulture, and Dice, plus all the blogs with skinny 2 part tanks, so I just had to have a blast at that!.

Took them with me to Toddy's, and he agreed that with a suitable amount of cutting they would work a treat.

Toddy marked up with masking tape on the first one where he thought - couldn't agree more, so when I got them out the car about an hour ago I couldn't just leave them like that.....

Got some tape and marked the second tank. This was my first lay of the tape and I stuck with it rather then fannying about with it...


Cut the first one, and you can see how much has gone from it...


Then cut the second one....



Its amazing the difference between the shapes of the 2 tanks on the bottom. luckily they will be blanked off and stay as 2 halves. The plan is that they will run either side of the frame, so will appear slightly wider. Toddy suggested running a bit of metal down the top of the tank, so I can have the illusion that they are on top of the frame rails.

I'll get cracking on cleaning them up another day, but i'm really happy with having them sussed out.

1 comment:

  1. They look ace TC, neat job, see ms like you are in super safe hands . . . roll on !!!

    ReplyDelete