Tuesday 26 July 2016

Greasy Kulture - The 345

I'm so pleased to be able to say that Guy from Greasy Kulture came over to photograph the 345 for the magazine.

I thought that it might not happen as it had been in showclass; but guy has asked to feature it.

I met Guy a good number of years ago now, and its great that he gets to shoot the bike. I had originally said that he could shoot the bike - but with the competition it had to be featured elsewhere first. 

Guy has always been a great support to me - he's very well connected and as he says himself - although he's not a bike builder - he does look at photos of hundreds of bikes a week to vet them for the magazine. It great because guy came round several times through the build and saw the state I was in at various points. He knows that i'm totally winging it and learning on my feet.

I still have to remind myself that its my second bike. I've very critical of my own work. but you know what - its by far exceeded what I thought I could have achieved when I set out building it. 

I think the bike is going to have a little holiday out of the spotlight now. It starts, moves and stops under its own steam, but it was always built as a show bike. I'm sure i'll get back to it later in my life and iron out the little niggles, but for now I'll be concentrating on finishing the Knuckle - which is being built to ride...



1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the article in GKM, it won't look as good as it does for real tho, don't hide it away for too long Tom!

    ReplyDelete