Sunday 8 February 2015

The 345 - monster weekend

My lovely wife gave me the weekend to push on with the bike. I lost so much time over Christmas with us all, being ill, but i'm all caught up now.

So to keep it short - I brazed and welded up the frame and got it off the jig. Did some of the finishing on the frame, and then got the bike back on the bench. The new back end meant that the pipes no longer matched the line of the frame tubes, or met the sissy bar, so they had to be cut in a number of places and changed up. 

I also cracked on with the oil tank. I'm hiding the oil lines in the battery box cut out, so i'm using the old outlets to mount some switches for the lights and the mag cutoff.

a great weekend of progress - I even tidied up my bench!













No comments:

Post a Comment