Monday 21 January 2013

Snow day progress

I've had a snow day and spend some time freezing my balls off in the shed!

Wanted to get my exhausts looking better, there were a couple of pinholes, plus some low spots from welding, so I drilled out the areas (so they were clean) and then spot welded them up....



The back of one of the exhausts was a bit of a mess. Couldn't really be happy putting this onnthe bike....



Decided it best to chop it out and try again....



Cleaned up pretty nicely, that's what I love with working with metal!



I've been putting bits off until 'when it warms up a bit', that day doesn't seem to be coming! Time to get the engine in I think!



Laid the engine safely on the floor next to the frame, then gently lowered the frame over the top so I didn't trash the powdercoat. Left cover had to come off....



Got it sorted, and a mate popped round to help me start getting it together...

This is as far as I got for now....



It's coming together nicely, well pleased. Hopefully I can get another couple of hours in tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment